Thursday, June 21, 2012

Electronic Arts putting Microtransactions in their games

I told you all this would happen. I told you in my previous posts (Here, Here, Here) that EA and Activision are planning to implement severe restrictions on their games, and now they are already publicly admitting it.

I told you all that I knew what the ultimate goal of EA was, to severely restrict content and charge extra for a bare-bones game to become whole.

Now, it has happened. Gamers have stopped caring about this because they think it doesn't hurt them or their Gaming life, but guess what, it does. This is going to spell the end of Video Games, as every other Game Maker out there is going to do exactly what I reported they said they were planning to do, slowly but surely.

It's time Gamers wake the fuck up and take back the industry they are responsible for. If you want to sit back and ignore this, than you can say bye-bye to your favorite games. Everybody likes to talk and talk, but nobody is boycotting these practices because they're so loyal to a disgusting company they're blinded by their rhetoric.

Gaming will no longer be what it is if we don't do something now. STOP SUPPORTING EA AND ACTIVISION and all of the other companies who want nothing more than to exploit Gamers for more money in the name of profits.

9 comments:

  1. Can you please tell us specifically what games they are now or are going to do this too?

    Regrettably, it is sad to see all of this begin to happen to the gaming industry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't know yet what games this is going to apply to, but I am almost 100% sure that every game in the future will implement this in some capacity.

      It's really a dark day indeed.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, there's not much to do. Apparently the majority of gamers enjoy paying for half finished games. I make it a personal point never to buy extra content and avoid these companies like the plague, but in this case its a failure of democracy.

    You'd need to start a big movement of some sort, and honestly would it be possible to rally this community in this? Its a lot like herding drugged cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess everyone is going to jump on the monetization train now.

    Sad Sad times to be a gamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already boycotted EA, Activision and Capcom, I refuse to give them any money for any product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rather dismayed and new this would happen personally, however the key thing here is to do is to boycott. Which is not gonna happen, or the indie developers to get together. Which I have a plan for that myself and team up. All we can do is hope indie games say in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Capcom is the worst offender by far. What a shitty company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to Peter Moore, the Free-to-Play format is the future of gaming... Dear god, I hope not.

    Remember the "horse armor" DLC in TES:IV Oblivion? By today's standards one could consider it a micro transaction, but back then it was the beginning of the concept of DLC. Most of us didn't quite know what to think of it at first. Some thought it was a cool idea in theory. Other's probably thought "there's no damn way I'm gonna pay $5 for no damn horse armor!" Either way, things sort of turned out alright in the end; not perfect, but alright.

    As far as F2P games being the future of gaming... If it is then you wont see me playing games anymore. I'd rather games be 100% digital than that crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of DLC back in the day was pretty amazing actually. I remember buying the first DLC level for Splinter Cell on the Xbox Original and thinking it was pretty cool, but the way things have turned out it's been insane.

      Free-To-Play games are what EA wants to push, but Gamers will need to push back if they want to still have control over the industry they made.

      Delete